Information is the most important input in making of “Intellectuals”. The Central library called as Knowledge Centre emphasizes the actual delivery of information and keeps pace with the ever changing demands of the time.
The Knowledge Centre is 24 hrs opened, air-conditioned having reading hall capacity of 500 students. It makes a peaceful atmosphere and an ideal place for development the knowledge and skills by the students and faculty.
Besides this all individual departments have their own library for ready reference. Along with traditional library concept the knowledge centre is also automated which use international standard software i.e. LIBSYS and user of library can access the library through the WebOPAC in Wi-Fi Networks.
Some of the salient features of the Knowledge Center are:
- The Collection replete with 63,968 Volumes of Books
- 5,480 T Volumes
- 4441 CDs. & DVDs
- Subscribes 104 National and International Print Journals
- 670+ subscribed e-Journals of IEEE, ASME, ASCE ,SCIENCE DIRECT
- 49 Magazines
- 21 Daily Newspapers
- Member of DELNET
- Provides NPTEL facilities in both audio and video to the user through the intranet
The Library, besides having a huge collection of books on engineering, sciences, humanities, It also collect books on English and Oriya literature fictions, non-fictions and biographies of eminent personalities. The ever-growing Library boasts of the following features:
Book Bank Facility
The book bank facility enables the students to retain the books with them till the end of a semester which omits weekly transactions of the books ultimately, saves time.
Rules for Book-Bank
- Applications through Principal/librarian are invited in the beginning of the semester.
- Maximum 6 nos. of books will be issued for a semester.
- Book(s) will be issued after remit of 20% of total cost of Book(s) as maintenance charges.
- All students who are availing the facility must return the books within 7 days of completion of their Semester examination.
Book-bank utilization for last 3 years are:
|Education Year||No of Students Benefitted||No of Books|
The GIET Knowledge Centerhas subscribed printed and e-resources of different disciplines in each every years regularly. Different Subscribed E-Resources are:
|S.No||Name of the Journal||Website||Username/ Password/IP|
|01||Science Direct||www.sciencedirect.com||IP Based Access|
|02||IEEE||http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/Xplore/home.jsp||IP Based Access|
|03||ASME||http://asmedigitalcollection.asme.org/journals.aspx||IP Based Access|
|04||ACSE||http://acselibrary.org/journals||IP Based Access|
|05||ASTM Digital Library||http://enterprise.astm.org||IP Based Access|
|06||Springer||http://link.springer.com/||IP Based Access|
|07||1. Power Engineering Journal
2. CIGRE India Journal
3. Intl. Journal of Data Mining and Emerging Technology4. Intl. Journal of Applied Research on Information Tech. & Computing
|www.indianjournal.com||IP Based Access|
|08||NISCAIR Journals||http://nopr.niscair.res.in/||Open Access|
|10||Journal of Indian Academy of Science||http://www.ias.ac.in/pubs/journals/||Open Access|
|11||1. IETE Journal of Research
2. IETE Technical Review
3. IETE Journal of Education
Other Services of knowledge Center
- Photocopy at very minimum price
- Spiral and Lamination Facility
- Paper Clipping Services
- Property Counter for safekeeping of the property of the student
- 24 hrs power back up Facility
- Issue of ID card to the Student
- Document Scanning Facility
Circulation Section – 9.00 am to 6.00 pm
Reference Section – Round the clock (24x7x365)
Digital Library – 9.00 am to 7.00pm