The institution provides separate hostel for boys and girls. The hostel is managed by a teacher-warden appointed by the institution. Hostel allotments are made on first-come-first served basis. Right of admission and right of expulsion is rest with the authorities. Every inmate has to conduct himself/herself as per prevailing rules and regulations.
Hostel is compulsory for 1st year and girl students of all years.
Sanctity of the Hostels
The hostels being a part of the Institution deserve a sacred status. Smoking, consumption of alcoholic drinks in the hostel or campus premises is strictly prohibited. Neither the students nor their visitors are allowed to bring or consume liquor, or any other intoxicants in the hostel or campus premises.
- Allotment of rooms may not necessarily be of one's choice. It is at the sole discretion of the administration, which may allot the rooms either on first come first serve basis or any other basis, say academic background, etc.
- Management intentionally places students of varying academic, cultural, social, national backgrounds together so that cross-cultural, academic, social and national learning is achieved. Students are expected to give full respect and equal rights to their roommates, irrespective of their varying backgrounds.
- Allotment is done on a double / triple occupancy basis (i.e., two or three persons per room). The rental value has been worked out on this basis.
- Students must occupy the rooms allotted to them and should not exchange rooms without the knowledge of the concerned deputy warden.
- The deputy warden without assigning any reason may shift inmates from one room to another.
- Identity card will be issued to all the inmates of the hostel. They should produce their identity cards on demand.
- Students should lock the rooms so as to keep their valuables safely and the hostel administration will not entertain complaints of theft of Lap Tops, Cell Phones, Cash and Jewellery. Lap Tops can be kept under safe custody of the hostels. Entry of all particulars of Lap Tops in hostel register of every block is a must.
- Members are strictly forbidden from using personal gadgets like transistors, tape recorder, VCR/VCD/DVD, hot plate, electric iron, cookers etc. However, to use other electrical appliances such as personal computers, table fan etc permission will be given on specific request and will be charged extra. Members should not tap electricity from other than the points provided for the purpose.
- You are expected to use the electrical appliances and fixtures in an efficient manner. For example, if you are not in your room, lights and fans should be switched off.
- Students using computers are not permitted to use multimedia speakers. Violation of this will be viewed seriously.
- Students are advised always to keep their belongings under lock & key and to lock their rooms whenever they go out.
- Students are advised not to keep expensive jewellery, heavy cash or any other valuables in their rooms. The hostel management does not own any responsibility for the loss of property left in the rooms due to the inmate's negligence.
- Students should not entertain vendors of petty items in the hostel blocks. However, licensed washer man shall alone be permitted to enter the hostel.
- No member is permitted to entertain any ex-student of this institution or other institutions. The penalty for disobedience of this rule will be very severe.
- Members shall not give any tips to service personals or cooks of the hostel & shall not demand any special service from any hostel employee. Students are not permitted to engage private guards.
- Students should not arrange any function, meeting, or religious gathering within the hostel campus without special permission of the authorities. In case, the students need to organize a function at the hostel, they are required to get prior permission from the Chief Warden through the Deputy Warden after giving a written request in this regard. If the administration allows residents to organize any function, the hostel representative may be asked to provide a written undertaking of good conduct and observing accepted norms of behavior.
- Students involving in business, collection of funds, compelling others to join in some organization as a member etc must not be made under any circumstances.
- Inmates of the hostel are not allowed to make any complaint as a group. Individual petitions alone, addressed to the warden will be looked into.
- No one shall indulge in politics, violence, rioting or instigate communal feelings or have dealings with outside elements. Such activities may lead to expulsion of the student from the hostel and college.
- No member shall absent himself from the hostel without prior permission from the deputy warden.
- The students of the hostel are not allowed to stay in the hostel during the college working hours. In case if they have to stay, they should apply for leave as per college rules informing the deputy warden/SRO the reasons for staying in the hostel during working hours.
- Students securing less than 90% attendance in a semester will not be permitted to stay in the hostel for the subsequent semesters.
- Management Representatives are empowered to check the hostel rooms at any time and the equipment/materials. In case of ladies hostels, inspection will be carried out in the presence of the deputy warden/SRO/supervisors.
- Activities involving recreation or exercises will be carried out in such a way that they do not cause any damage to SRM property or hostel premises. Any damage caused by way of such activities shall be rectified at the cost of the concerned hostelites.
- Through the support staff at hostels, we provide you the following services:
- Day-to-day maintenance work
- Cleaning of premises
- Newspapers/Sports and recreation facilities
- If you are facing any difficulty adjusting with your roommate and unable to resolve the issue, the matter must be reported to the administration immediately. You are expected not to involve your parents or guardians, in such cases.
- None of the furnishings / appliances provided in individual rooms or common areas can be removed and/or relocated. Even in case where a student has been allotted a single room, the furnishings will not be disturbed.
- Two wheelers/Cars are not permitted in the hostel premises.
- Cooking in hostel rooms is not permitted.
- Misconduct or infringements of rules & regulations and activities which are not in the interest of the institution and harmful to the reputation of the institution will make a student liable for severe disciplinary action and even expulsion from the hostel & College.
Dining Hall/ Mess Rules
- Once a student joins the hostel, he / she is deemed to have become a member of the mess until he / she vacates the hostel officially.
- The mess is run by the management.
- Strict discipline should be maintained in the dining hall.
- Day scholars will not be entertained as guests in the mess.
- Food will not be served in rooms and the inmates are not supposed to take food to their rooms. If an inmate is ill, the deputy warden will make suitable arrangements.
- The inmates should not enter the kitchen.
- Wasting food is a crime. No diner shall waste food. Paying mess bill does not entitle a diner to waste food. If any student is found wasting food he / she will be fined Rs500/- for the first time. If the same student is found repeating the same mistake he / she will be expelled from the hostel.
- The system of self service will be followed in the mess.
- All diners shall produce ID card and Mess card to dine every time in the mess.