Spreading wings at International Level
Gandhi Group of Institutions-the symbol of quality education in Eastern India welcomes the foreign students, admission into various disciplines under B.Tech (Engineering) Courses.
GIET, Gunupur is the only college in Eastern India to acquire 3.20 CGPA out of 4 grade scale by NAAC (UGC), awarded with "A" grade and the only college in Odisha having highest number (5 B.Tech branches) of accreditation from NBA (National Board of Accreditation) by AICTE for exhibiting high standard of technical education.
GIET, Gunupur is the only Institution in Odisha having approval from AICTE, Ministry of HRD, Government of India to take admission the Foreign Nationals/NRI's and PIO's. Affiliated to, Biju Pattnaik University of Technology (BPUT), Odisha. GIET (Autonomous) is emerging as one of the first choice Institute for NRIs, Foreign Nationals (FN) and Person of Indian Origins (PIO) to have their wards in gentle, caring and academic atmosphere on the campus.
Since 2004, more than 100 students from Nepal, Bhutan, Qatar, Sudan, Saudi Arabia and the Vietnam were enrolled here. For choosing the best college we advise students to verify facts from their senior friends, who are reading in relevant disciplines in different technical colleges of Odisha. Parents, students and consultants from Bhutan and Nepal were visited our college before confirming admission of their wards (admission batch 2008 onwards).
Presently we take admissions of foreign national in the following disciplines of undergraduate engineering branches:
B.Tech (Engg. Disciplines)
|3.||Computer Science & Engineering||180||27|
|4.||Applied Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering||60||27|
|5.||Electronics & Communication Engineering||120||18|
|6.||Electrical & Electronics Engineering||120||18|
- "NRI": Non Resident Indian as per the definition given in section 6 of the Income Tax Act 1961.
- "NRI Candidates" means a candidate who is a child / ward of the person who has been NRI status as defined under section 6 of the Income Tax Act.
- "Persons of Indian Origin" (PIO) means persons who are citizen of other countries (except Pakistan and Bangladesh) who at any time held an Indian Passport, or that person or either of his / her parents or any of his / her grandparents was a citizen of India by virtue of the provisions of the Constitutions of India or Sec (2) of Citizenship Act, 1955 (Act No. 57 of 1955).
- Foreign Nationals' Citizens of all countries other than India, who are not of Indian origin as defined under PIO.
- Foreign Student' in this context shall be defined as the student who possesses a Foreign Passport.
- "Children of Indian Worker in the Gulf Countries": The children of an Indian who is working in Gulf Countries under relevant working visa.