Why to Study EE ?
Established in the year 2008, Department offers a 4-year B.Tech Degree Programme in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, with an annual intake of 120. The UG curriculum provides strong base to the students in Electrical Engineering and provides exposure to the latest technologies.The Department is engaged in research activities, mainly in Power Systems, Renewable Energy systems, IOT, Big Data, Artificial intelligence, Energy Management and Distribution Systems. Presently, the department has taken up several R&D projects funded by DST, MSME, UGC and AICTE Organisations. The Department also undertakes testing of motors, Insulation Boards, Energy Audit and Management etc., as a part of consultancy work.
About Electrical Engineering
Established in the year 2007, Department offers a 4-year B.Tech Degree Programme in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, with an annual intake of 120.
Established in the year 2009, offers a 2-year M.Tech Postgraduate Degree in Power Electronics with an intake of 18.
Vision of the Department:
To develop globally recognized Engineers in the frontier areas of Electrical & Electronics Engineering with international standards
Mission of the Department:
- To produce competent Engineers having knowledge & skills on upcoming technologies by introducing simultaneous trends in curriculum and through collaborative industry-institute interaction
- To carry out quality research having social & industrial relevance
- To nurture the students into responsible citizens with social, ethical and environmental awareness
The Board of studies of Department of Electrical Engineering consists of eminent persons drawn from academia and industry.They advise the department periodically regarding modifications of the courses according to the industry requirements, feedback from the alumni and the ever-changing practices in Electrical and Electronics Engineering.
|1||Dr. Bidyadhar Subudhi,
Professor EEE, NIT Rourakela
|2||Prof (Dr.) Sidharth Panda
Professor EEE, VSSUT, Burla
|Subject Expert – 1|
|3||Dr. Pravat Kumar Ray,
Professor EEE, NIT Rourkela
|Subject Expert – 2|
|4||Dr. S. Tulasiram
Professor EEE, JNTU – Hyderabad
|Subject Expert – 2|
|5||Er. Govinda Chandra Swain
DGM, GRIDCO (OPTCL),
Govt. Of Odisha
|Industrial representative – 1|
|6||Er Pankaj Lochan Mohanty
Electrical Expert, WAPCOS, Rengali
|Industrial representative – 2|
Director – Geosol Associates
|Industrial representative – 3|
|8||Er. Aswin Kumar Sahu
HOD- Government Polytechnic
|Postgraduate Meritorious Alumnus|
PEOs (PROGRAMME EDUCATIONAL OBJECTIVES):
To train students into professionals who can hold appropriate positions in the area of design, research, development, testing and manufacturing.
The graduates would be engaged in lifelong learning in the allied fields of Electrical and Electronics engineering and to undertake higher studies.
To provide skills to identify, understand to solve complex tasks in industry and Start-ups to inspire the students to become future researchers/ entrepreneurs.
To adopt to changing technologies on basis of societal needs with team spirit, leadership skills and high ethical values.
POs (Programme Outcomes):
- Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.\
- Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
PSOs (Programme Specific Outcomes):
Ability to design, analyse and operate basics of engineering systems by applying the knowledge of Electrical & Electronics Engineering.
To design, simulate and practice the techniques of hardware and software tools in Power systems, Power Electronics and Renewable Energy systems.
Work professionally in multidisciplinary concepts by integrating Electrical Engineering with Internet of Things, Green Energy and Smart cities concepts
- Comprehensive and contemporary Electrical Machinery Labs,
- Power Electronics Lab,
- circuits and measurements lab,
- the Control Systems Lab,
- Power Systems Lab,
- computer simulation lab,
- Internet of things lab,
- Cloud computing & Big data lab,
- Renewable energy lab and
- Innovation and Incubation lab to initiate the start-up ideas of the students.
Above Laboratories are utilized in three categories:
- Academic Laboratories
- Industrial Collaborative Laboratories
- Research Oriented Laboratories
- Rohan Bagh and Mr. Asish Misra; won the First prize with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/- in “EUREKA – Innovative idea-based contest” at IIT Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2015.
- Rohan Bagh and Mr. Asish Misra; won the 1st Prize in Technical paper presentation “Cognizance- 2016 conducted by IIT- Roorkee with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/-
- Aman Kumar Singh, Mr. Utsav singh Kushwaha won the First prize with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/- in “EUREKA – Innovative idea-based contest” at IIT Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2016
- Anupam Sinha and Mr. Dibya Prakash Sahoo, received the funding of 5.61 Lakhs from MSME, New Delhi to develop multipurpose Solar Cooler under the guidance of Mr. G. R.K.D. Satya Prasad,
- Mr. Rohan Rajveer Bagh, Mr. Ashish Mishra, Ms. Banaja Mohanty and Mr. Utsav singh Kushwaha, won the First prize with a cash prize of 20,000 Rs/- in “ENVIRON- An Inquisitive Case Analysis on Climate Change” at IIT- Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2016. The unique achievement in this success is; among top 15 contestants in second round five teams from IIT’s, six teams from NIT’s, Two teams from JNTU’s, One from BITS, GOA
- Chandan Kumar; won the 3rd Prize in Technical paper presentation “conducted by IIT(BHU) – Varanasi.
- Sourabh Kumar; has won the cash prize of 3000 Rs/- in National level essay competition on “Clean Nuclear power” conducted by Babha Atomic Research Center on 28th October 2015.
- Mr. Rohan Rajveer Bagh, Mr. Ashish Mishra; Mr. Abhiskek Paul; won First prize in Best product category in MARKFEST – 2k16
- Sudipta Rudra, selected as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for DRDO Funded Research Project.