Why to Study EEE ?
The graduate course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering encompasses the various aspects of Electrical and Electronics fields such as Power and Industrial Electronics, Advanced Control Systems, Solid State Relays and Protection, Microprocessor Application, Energy systems and Computer Application to Power System Studies, High Voltage Studies.
The Department is engaged in research activities, mainly in Power Systems, Renewable Energy systems, IOT, Big Data, Artificial intelligence, Energy Management and Distribution Systems. Presently, the department has taken up several R&D projects funded by DST, MSME, UGC and AICTE Organisations. The Department also undertakes testing of motors, Insulation Boards, Energy Audit and Management etc., as a part of consultancy work
Conferences, Workshops, FDP, Guest Lectures etc..
- Ch. Venkateswra Rao attended Fourth International Conference on control, Communaion & Power Engg. Bangalore, India on 26th April 2014
- G R K D Satya Prasad attended a workshop titled ―How to publish a paper in IEEE transactions‖ conducted by IEEE, Calcutta section at JADHAVPUR University, Calcutta on 8th August 2014 by keynote speaker, Prof. SAIFUR RAHMAN, the founding Editor-in-Chief of the IEEE Transactions on Sustainable Energy
- Rakesh Sahu attended Recent advances in Electrical & Elect. Engg. RIT, BERHAMPUR 28th &29th jan 2014
- T. Appa Rao attended FDP on Embedded System on 21st to 23rd 2014
- Santosh Ku. Mallick attended FDP on Machine learning Methodologies in NIST, Berhampur, on 14th to 30th April 2014
- Rakesh Sahu attended FDP on Machine learning Methodologies in NIST, Berhampur on 14th to 30th April 2014
- Ch. Suresh Babu, Mr. Ritesh Dash, Mr. T. Appa Rao, Mr. Akshya Ku. Sahoo, Mr. Sunil Ku. Mahapatra, Ms. Prajna Pragatika Bhuyan FDP on APECS in GIET, Gunupur on 18th to 30th August 2014
- P. Srikant Kumar, Mr. Ch. V Suryanarayan, Mr. Partha Sarathi Mansingh attended Workshop on power electronics & Drive systems in JITM, Paralakhemundi on 30th Oct to 12th Dec 2014
- Ch. Venkateswra Rao attended International Conference on EECMPE, New Delhi on 7th Dec 2014
- G R K D Satya Prasad attended the workshop HYREX-2014 on ―Renewable Energy & Green Buildings Workshop‖ at HYTEX exhibition center, Hyderabad on MAY 24-25, 2014 conducted by Energy Alternatives India with the association of NEDCAP; Government of Andhra Pradesh.
- Santosh Ku. Mallick attended Seminar on Recent Advances in Power Electronics for Smart Grid & Electrical Drives in IIT, PATNA 3rd to 5th March 2016
- Ch. Venkateswra Rao attended Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Software, Communication Engg. in Jaipur, India 1st &2nd Oct 2016
- Santosh Ku. Mallick attended Workshop on Smart Grid: Cyber Physical Energy Systems in IIT, PATNA on 2nd December to 8th December 2016
- Y. Srinivas Rao attended workshop on Advances Power System in AITAM, Tekkali on 21st to 22nd March 2017
- P Bala Murali attended Seminar on Electric traction system in NIST, Berhampur on 27th and 28th March 2017
|Electrical Machines Lab :Electrical Machine laboratory is conducted for the undergraduate students. In this Lab students perform basic and advanced experiments on Transformers, DC machines, Inductions machines and Synchronous machines.|
|Power Electronics Lab:The power electronics lab enhances the UG students by providing them the better understanding of the concepts and working of advanced power semiconductor devices and power electronics circuits.The curriculum objectives are:
1. To rig up circuits for various applications in power electronics
2. To understand the operation of different types of power controllers
|Electric Drives Lab:Electric Drives lab explores the application of electronics to energy conversion and control. This discipline practises an innovative design-oriented and application-focused research in power electronics and drives.|
|Electrical WorkshopElectrical Workshop introduces the students to the basic electrical & electronics measuring equipments and they will deal with some of the frequently used instruments and equipments, like the digital multimeter, tong tester, tester etc. The students obtain the basic knowledge about different types of wiring circuits, behaviour of current, voltage, power, energy under different conditions and their determination. They can also gain knowledge about residential wiring, trouble shooting various electrical equipments like ceiling fan, mixer, air conditioner and other electrical gadgets. These experiments help to provide them the foundation they require to be Electrical engineers.|
|Measurements & Instrumentation Lab:The laboratory gives an insight into the measurement of various electrical & electronics quantities combines both hardware and software facilities. The Measurements & Instrumentation lab is equipped with CRO, oscilloscopes, various trainer kit and earth tester such as megger), signal generators, digital multimeters and loading inductor, capacitor ,resistive loads, LCR meter & energy meter.|
|Research Lab:The Research laboratory is developed with the aim of enhancing the research capabilities for power engineers in the department. It supports undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars to enhance rapid technology transfer in various domains in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Network Theory Lab:This lab course expose basic circuit concepts, circuit modeling and methods of circuit analysis in time domain and frequency domain for solving simple and multi dimensional circuits including DC and AC circuit theory and network theorems. The laboratory exercises are designed to give students ability to design, build, and implement basic AC and DC circuits.|
|Control Systems Lab:This laboratory course gives hands-on experience to the feedback automatic control concepts covered in the theory courses. The feedback automatic control systems are an essential feature of numerous industrial processes, scientific instruments and even commercial, social and management situations. A thorough understanding of the elementary principles of this all embracing technology is of great relevance for all engineers and scientists.|
|Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Start-up: Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Start-up (CIIS) was established with a vision to foster innovation driven entrepreneurship, in alignment with various industries GIETs VISION 2020.CIIS comprises of:
· Centre for Innovation which aims to inculcate a spirit of innovation.
· Technology Business Incubator which aims to provide a low cost and resource intensive sandbox where entrepreneurs can develop their product, services or process ideas towards commercialization.
Centre for Start-up which aims at fostering entrepreneurial skills among the students.
Regulation & Syllabus
- Rohan Bagh and Mr. Asish Misra; won the First prize with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/- in “EUREKA – Innovative idea-based contest” at IIT Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2015.
- Rohan Bagh and Mr. Asish Misra; won the 1st Prize in Technical paper presentation “Cognizance- 2016 conducted by IIT- Roorkee with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/-
- Aman Kumar Singh, Mr. Utsav singh Kushwaha won the First prize with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/- in “EUREKA – Innovative idea-based contest” at IIT Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2016
- Anupam Sinha and Mr. Dibya Prakash Sahoo, received the funding of 5.61 Lakhs from MSME, New Delhi to develop multipurpose Solar Cooler under the guidance of Mr. G. R.K.D. Satya Prasad,
- Mr. Rohan Rajveer Bagh, Mr. Ashish Mishra, Ms. Banaja Mohanty and Mr. Utsav singh Kushwaha, won the First prizewith a cash prize of 20,000 Rs/- in “ENVIRON- An Inquisitive Case Analysis on Climate Change” at IIT- Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2016. The unique achievement in this success is; among top 15 contestants in second round five teams from IIT’s, six teams from NIT’s, Two teams from JNTU’s, One from BITS, GOA
- Chandan Kumar; won the 3rd Prize in Technical paper presentation “conducted by IIT(BHU) – Varanasi.
- Sourabh Kumar; has won the cash prize of 3000 Rs/- in National level essay competition on “Clean Nuclear power” conducted by Babha Atomic Research Center on 28th October 2015.
- Mr. Rohan Rajveer Bagh, Mr. Ashish Mishra; Mr. Abhiskek Paul; won First prize in Best product category in MARKFEST – 2k16
- Sudipta Rudra, selected as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for DRDO Funded Research Project.