Why to Study EEE ?
The graduate course in Electrical and Electronics Engineering encompasses the various aspects of Electrical and Electronics fields such as Power and Industrial Electronics, Advanced Control Systems, Solid State Relays and Protection, Microprocessor Application, Energy systems and Computer Application to Power System Studies, High Voltage Studies.
The Department is engaged in research activities, mainly in Power Systems, Renewable Energy systems, IOT, Big Data, Artificial intelligence, Energy Management and Distribution Systems. Presently, the department has taken up several R&D projects funded by DST, MSME, UGC and AICTE Organisations. The Department also undertakes testing of motors, Insulation Boards, Energy Audit and Management etc., as a part of consultancy work
Centre of Excellences
- IOT, Big Data & Cloud Computing:
The vision of the COE in IOT, Big data, Cloud computing is to make an innovation hub in the emerging technology of Internet of Things through various applications of Electrical & Electronics Engineering. To make it Standardization, Realization of prototype, products before deployment of the IoT devices in the public domain/ infrastructure and support Govt. initiatives on IoT solutions for specific India needs in areas like water, energy, agriculture, health, security, Smart city concepts.
- Smart Renewable Energy Systems:
The Centre of Excellence for Smart Renewable Energy Systems (SRES) has started functioning as a seat of multi-disciplinary research and education in the year 2014. The need to integrate the efforts of scientists and engineers working with different aspects of green energy and with smart technologies has been the primary motivation for creation of this centre. This centre is intended to impart a comprehensive overview of two closely related modern technologies largely based on Renewable energy systems and Smart electronics. We emphasize at providing a holistic approach in research to create new knowledge and lay the foundations for new technologies.
- Green & Efficient Energy Technologies:
GEET (Green & Efficient Energy Technologies) is to focus on new and emerging technologies, multidisciplinary and translational research relevant to national development goals. To trigger an R&D culture in the institution as evidenced by significant increase in applications of research outputs, collaborative and sponsored research, publications in reputed national/international journals and conferences, patents, innovations, commercialized products and Masters and PhD enrolments. To bring together high quality researchers of the universities who are active in the complementary areas overlapping energy, water, clean environment and smart materials to develop and aid technologies which are in tune with sustainable development goals of the nation.
|Electrical Machines Lab :Electrical Machine laboratory is conducted for the undergraduate students. In this Lab students perform basic and advanced experiments on Transformers, DC machines, Inductions machines and Synchronous machines.|
|Power Electronics Lab:The power electronics lab enhances the UG students by providing them the better understanding of the concepts and working of advanced power semiconductor devices and power electronics circuits.
The curriculum objectives are:
1. To rig up circuits for various applications in power electronics
2. To understand the operation of different types of power controllers
|Electric Drives Lab:Electric Drives lab explores the application of electronics to energy conversion and control. This discipline practises an innovative design-oriented and application-focused research in power electronics and drives.|
|Electrical WorkshopElectrical Workshop introduces the students to the basic electrical & electronics measuring equipments and they will deal with some of the frequently used instruments and equipments, like the digital multimeter, tong tester, tester etc. The students obtain the basic knowledge about different types of wiring circuits, behaviour of current, voltage, power, energy under different conditions and their determination. They can also gain knowledge about residential wiring, trouble shooting various electrical equipments like ceiling fan, mixer, air conditioner and other electrical gadgets. These experiments help to provide them the foundation they require to be Electrical engineers.|
|Measurements & Instrumentation Lab:The laboratory gives an insight into the measurement of various electrical & electronics quantities combines both hardware and software facilities. The Measurements & Instrumentation lab is equipped with CRO, oscilloscopes, various trainer kit and earth tester such as megger), signal generators, digital multimeters and loading inductor, capacitor ,resistive loads, LCR meter & energy meter.|
|Research Lab:The Research laboratory is developed with the aim of enhancing the research capabilities for power engineers in the department. It supports undergraduate, postgraduate and research scholars to enhance rapid technology transfer in various domains in the field of Electrical & Electronics Engineering|
|Network Theory Lab:This lab course expose basic circuit concepts, circuit modeling and methods of circuit analysis in time domain and frequency domain for solving simple and multi dimensional circuits including DC and AC circuit theory and network theorems. The laboratory exercises are designed to give students ability to design, build, and implement basic AC and DC circuits.|
|Control Systems Lab:This laboratory course gives hands-on experience to the feedback automatic control concepts covered in the theory courses. The feedback automatic control systems are an essential feature of numerous industrial processes, scientific instruments and even commercial, social and management situations. A thorough understanding of the elementary principles of this all embracing technology is of great relevance for all engineers and scientists.|
|Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Start-up: Centre for Innovation, Incubation and Start-up (CIIS) was established with a vision to foster innovation driven entrepreneurship, in alignment with various industries GIETs VISION 2020.
CIIS comprises of:
· Centre for Innovation which aims to inculcate a spirit of innovation.
· Technology Business Incubator which aims to provide a low cost and resource intensive sandbox where entrepreneurs can develop their product, services or process ideas towards commercialization.
Centre for Start-up which aims at fostering entrepreneurial skills among the students.
- Rohan Bagh and Mr. Asish Misra; won the First prize with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/- in “EUREKA – Innovative idea-based contest” at IIT Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2015.
- Rohan Bagh and Mr. Asish Misra; won the 1st Prize in Technical paper presentation “Cognizance- 2016 conducted by IIT- Roorkee with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/-
- Aman Kumar Singh, Mr. Utsav singh Kushwaha won the First prize with a cash prize of 5,000 Rs/- in “EUREKA – Innovative idea-based contest” at IIT Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2016
- Anupam Sinha and Mr. Dibya Prakash Sahoo, received the funding of 5.61 Lakhs from MSME, New Delhi to develop multipurpose Solar Cooler under the guidance of Mr. G. R.K.D. Satya Prasad,
- Mr. Rohan Rajveer Bagh, Mr. Ashish Mishra, Ms. Banaja Mohanty and Mr. Utsav singh Kushwaha, won the First prizewith a cash prize of 20,000 Rs/- in “ENVIRON- An Inquisitive Case Analysis on Climate Change” at IIT- Kharagpur- KSHITIJ -2016. The unique achievement in this success is; among top 15 contestants in second round five teams from IIT’s, six teams from NIT’s, Two teams from JNTU’s, One from BITS, GOA
- Chandan Kumar; won the 3rd Prize in Technical paper presentation “conducted by IIT(BHU) – Varanasi.
- Sourabh Kumar; has won the cash prize of 3000 Rs/- in National level essay competition on “Clean Nuclear power” conducted by Babha Atomic Research Center on 28th October 2015.
- Mr. Rohan Rajveer Bagh, Mr. Ashish Mishra; Mr. Abhiskek Paul; won First prize in Best product category in MARKFEST – 2k16
- Sudipta Rudra, selected as Junior Research Fellow (JRF) for DRDO Funded Research Project.